Recipes

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Let's Get On With It!

Just like for anyone/everyone else, this year has had it's highs and lows.  I've been debating whether to list the highs first or the lows first, so here they are in no particular order. 

Highs
  • retirement in October from full-time employment
  • almost immediately and unexpectedly returning to a p/t job I worked at 3 years ago
  • great winter, spring, summer and autumn weather
  • gaining more time to spend with my family and friends
  • gaining more time to read books and being able to use the library more
  • starting a blog
  • discovering some really great blogs in areas that I am interested in, and in turn "meeting" some very interesting people from around the world
  • becoming a senior with all the benefits that accompany this age
  • joining a senior citizens centre and finding new acquaintances
  • improved health due to tweaking a medication after much searching for the answer
  • my darling Allie, 15.5 yrs old is still with me and shows no signs of slowing down, still acts like a kitten now and then
Lows
  • losing my sister, she passed away suddenly in late June
  • my oldest sister's ongoing health problems
  • my daughter's FIL's fall and surgery just a couple days ago
  • passing of two friends husbands due to cancer
  • my friend's accident at work where she lost part of a finger
There may be more lows but I don't want to dwell on the negative.  Life is about living and I am so glad to be here, to be able to enjoy my life today, tomorrow and hopefully for many, many days to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Like you 2012 has been a year of highs and lows. I am hoping for a better year in 2013.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete