Recipes

Monday, October 22, 2012

Slowing Down!

Last week I experienced some weird, mixed feelings.  Last week was the first full week of being retired and looking back I think I was experiencing depression, and felt what was a mild mourning for the end of the work.  By the week-end I was over this feeling.... LOL!... and realized I could give up the feeling of depression and the need that I was still feeling to go, go, go, and hurry, hurry, hurry.  I was in a fast paced business and that was what I did to stay on top of the work.  I hurried and I felt pressure to do, to do more, to do even more. 

The inviting path ahead
I don't have to do that anymore.  My life has slowed down and the expectations aren't there anymore.  Neither is the money but that's another story.  Today I realized that I was starting to live a calmer day; nothing was really pressing at all today.  This day was so beautiful, almost like summer but not quite.  Too nice to spend indoors.  It was a wonderful day to go for a leisurely stroll, and it was a conscious decision to stroll and not hurry along to get the walk over with.  That's what I've done in the past.  It was awesome to be out there just enjoying nature.

Still lots of colourful trees and shrubs

Some trees are completely bare

A group of friends enjoying a game of bocce

A lovely day overall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment